2013年7月3日 星期三

Gender, Vinaya, Buddhism


Several ladies sent me English love letters after Taiwan media reported 2 or 3 Japanese monk-marriage news. I never returned any of those strange emails, only posted a simple note to explain the situation to all foreign ladies.

One young Buddhist thought that was really funny. He asked me, "Did you tell them you're not a boy?"

No. Answering love letters will make the situation even worse.

Gender issue is of no use when karma shows its power. You could explain all kinds of reasons to refuse any further relationship, but people might just answer like this, "I like you anyway, I don't care!" Love/desire is a strong karma that could even make people kill others or themselves. When people fall in karma/love/desire, they simply don't care.

Treat ladies as mothers from past lives.
Treat love or desire as fire.
Treat karma power as trap.
Treat all beings as future Buddhas.    

沒有留言: