2012年2月26日 星期日

Talk With An Old Theater



Guess the timing was really good; no show, no movie, no play, no audience. Only me and you alone, the Red House Theater. The sunlight danced through the old cracks of the red brick walls, the black curtains hanged around whispering, the eastern-style tables and chairs scattered chatting, the octagonal ceiling above watched silently.

I asked you, "Why did people build you?"

There were so many wars in the world when you were completed in 1908. Did people combined octagonal and cruciform shapes in order to comfort the crying ghosts?



I asked you, "How could you mix different religious cultures in the religious structure, and turned it into a modern cultural center?"

As long as people can live happily and cooperated peacefully, we should respect all religious tradition to enhance their mutual understanding.

I asked you, "What's your opinion about people, men or women, gay or straight, east or west?"

Aren't they all Earth beings called human beings?

That day, I had such a wonderful talk with you, an old theater, but people thought I was just quietly standing alone.


 
http://www.redhouse.org.tw/info_en.html

沒有留言: