2013年1月30日 星期三

Better Pray You’ll Never Get Old, Young Man! 小子,最好祈禱你永遠不會老!


The old lady asked him politely, “Do you have any walnut? You know, the big ones could be smashed into small pieces…”

“Told you, no!” the young worker yelled at her angrily, “No! Not here! Go somewhere else!”

She looked at me in the eye, “Is there any walnut? My brain function is bad,” she raised her hand and pointed at her own head, “Walnuts are good for the brain!”

“Oh, ----” I got no chance to tell her my answer. The angry young worker shouted at her again, “They’re not here! I told you, we don’t have that!” He was loud. The old lady walked away.

One minute later, one female worker showed up and asked everyone, “Do we have any walnut here?” “Nooooooo!” The angry young man shouted back at once. The female worker went away, smiling.

Got it. Walnuts. Good for the brain function. I took a pack of walnut-oat-mixed breakfast from the shelf nearby, told the old lady she could find lots of them there. She was very happy. Her husband was happy. They said, “Thank you.”

How could a young man treat the old couple like that? They’re customers; they’re old enough to be his parents or grandparents! “No wonder so many young men couldn’t get a wife nowadays,” I thought, “They show bad manners to everyone, they don’t respect the elder people, they don’t even know how to be polite to customers!”

沒有留言: