2010年10月25日 星期一

Do you like Chinese? 你喜歡中文嗎?


When I started this blog last November, I didn't plan to write so many English articles; neither did I set up so many English topics. My first idea is simple: this will be a Chinese blog about buddhism and zen. I tried to write some poems to introduce the nun-blogger and the meaning of this blog; that's all.

English is definitely not my mother language; Chinese or Taiwanese will be my best choice of expression, of course. But later I found out something quite interesting -- people asked me whether this blog has any official English version or not; they asked me to translate or explain some contents here.

"How about using both languages?" I wondered. At least this might make the readers happier if they could understand right away without worrying about English translation or feeling that 繁體中文 is too big a challenge to overcome. The fact is, using google online translation service is quick and convenient, but too funny as well. It could turn a serious religious topic into a funny joke!

Personally, I laughed hard for the English translation outcome here; just couldn't help it. This push me to write more English articles... But still, I hope you'll like Chinese as much as I do.

祝你們也喜歡中文--

繁體中文,一種在全世界愈來愈少人能夠閱讀、書寫、理解、傳承的文字。
一種歷經數千年,始終活力不減的古老文字。

沒有留言: